Mlinci (North Croatian Pasta)
This is traditional North Croatian pasta, popular only in Zagreb and Zagorje region (north of Zagreb). We eat this for Christmas, Halloween, Easter, St. Martin’s day and every time we roast poultry. I recommend using lard, because dough will be much better.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- Make dough out of flour, egg, lard salt and some water. Leave it to rest not less than 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 little balls. Make thin surface out of each ball and put them into oven to dry (not more than 100°C).
- They must be dry and light yellow on both sides.
- Before cooking, crush mlinci into small parts (10 cm) and put them into salt boiling water.
- They should become soft very quickly, and when so, remove them with hollow spoon and put into hot poultry fat (from duck or turkey or chicken).
- Now fry them until all water evaporates and fat cover the pasta. Serve hot with roasted duck, turkey or chicken.