Mixed Spice Chicken and Rice
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb chicken, boneless, skinless, cut in bite size pieces (I used 7 tenderloins)
- 2 cups jasmine rice, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules (or 3 cups chicken broth or stock in place of the boullion and water)
- 1 tablespoon mixed spice
- Melt the butter in a pan in which you can later cook the rice (I used a dutch oven).
- Sautee the onion and garlic in the butter, and add the chicken after they appear to be done. Cook it thoroughly.
- Remove the chicken, onion and garlic from the pan and set aside.
- Add the water and boullion (or broth) to the pan along with the mixed spice.
- Bring to a boil and add the jasmine rice.
- Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and turn down to simmer for 15 minute (these are the directions for my rice - cook your rice as directed using the broth/boullion instead of water).
- After the rice is done, remove from the heat, quickly add the chicken, onion and garlic, stir well, and put the lid back on for 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!