Mixed Green Salad With Sugared Walnuts, Blackberries and Feta
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Here is another Martha Stewart delight!! So tasty and so tart - so delicious!!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (preferably lemon infused)
- 10 cups mixed salad greens, such as baby spinach, and red-leaf Boston lettuces
- 1 lb blackberry (about 4 pints)
- 9 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups walnut halves (about 8 oz.)
- Whisk together vinegar, orange juice and salt. Add oil in a slow steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Put salad greens, blackberries, feta and walnuts into a bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sugared Walnuts: Preheat oven to 350°F Combine sugar and salt in large bowl.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add walnuts and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately toss with sugar/salt mixture.
- Transfer walnuts to a rimmmed baking sheet, and bake , stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool. Sugared walnuts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Make about 2 cups.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION