Mixed Berry Strudel
- Ready In:
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (19 ounce) can e.d. smith mixed berry pie filling
- Thaw phyllo in package if frozen. Unwrap phyllo and cover sheets with a damp tea towel. On a piece of waxed paper slightly larger than the phyllo sheet place the first phyllo sheet. Brush lightly with butter and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons graham cracker crumb. Repeat twice, topped with an unbuttered sheet.
- Starting about 1-inch from the edge, spoon half of the filling in a strip along one long side of phyllo, leaving 2 inches free of filling at each end. Roll, starting at edge nearest filling and tucking in ends. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Place on ungreased baking sheet, seam side down. Brush with melted butter and cut 4 diagonal slits on top of each strudel.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.