Mixed Bean Casserole
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fry onion, garlic, mushrooms and leek in a pan in the olive oil until softened.
- Rinse and drain mixed beans and kidney beans and add to pan.
- Add tomatoes and heat through.
- Combine the parmesan and the grated parsnip in a bowl and put aside.
- Place the bean mixture in an oven proof casserole dish.
- Cover with the parmesan and parsnip mixture and sprinkle over some olive oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until brown and crispy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Really healty and easy to make. I found it a bit bland, however, and ended up addidng Spike seasoning, garlic and lots of pepper. I love the parsnips on the top- great idea. I left out all of the oil, and it worked great (except the top was not brown and crunchy-but that's to be expected). Thanks for posting, it was a fun recipe to try. Leftovers were great for lunch.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I'm Kelly from Toronto, I'm a communications designer, and cooking and baking just a serious hobby... I cook healthy and you'll find a majority of my recipes are high fiber, high protein and low sugar. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">