Miss Daisy's Red Rice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Fry bacon strips in a heavy skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels, reserving grease in skillet.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Add onions, celery, and green peppers to grease in skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium, add rice to vegetables and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large baking dish and add 2 cups water.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil, then bake for 1 hour.
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!