Miso Sesame Vinaigrette
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red miso or 2 tablespoons white miso (fermented soybean paste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons well-stirred tahini
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Dressing can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
Join The Conversation
I really liked the creaminess of this recipe, and the balance of miso and tahini flavour was excellent. I omitted the sugar, which I'm currently avoiding; otherwise, I made one batch as written and the next time I made it, I added 1 clove of garlic and 1/8 tsp of cayenne. I liked the added spice, but the dressing was still missing something for me (maybe it's the sugar?) Next time, I'll increase the cayenne and add some green onion. It was great on cabbage slaw, and I'm looking forward to trying it on soba noodles, mmm