Miso-Glazed Kabocha Squash
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Sunset, OCTOBER 2008
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons white miso
- 3 inches fresh ginger, peeled and very finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup sake or 1/4 cup fino sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 kabocha squash, seeded and cut into 1/4-in . slices (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a blender or food processor, whirl miso, ginger, sake, vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- In a large bowl, toss squash slices with miso mixture to coat thoroughly. Lift slices from sauce and arrange them, overlapping slightly, on a large baking sheet. Reserve sauce.
- Bake 15 minutes. Brush slices with remaining sauce (you will have some left over) and cook until tender when thick edges are pierced with a fork, about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and serve hot or warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION