I just got this one in e-mail. If it really does tenderize those cheaper cuts of meat then it is truly the miracle it claims to be.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard, ground
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or other container that has a lid.
- Shake well until fully mixed.
- Pour over meat and cover.
- Allow to marinade overnight or longer, turning often.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This marinade has great flavor. As far as tenderizing though, I'm not sure. I used a very large London Broil that I cut into 4 pieces. I let them sit in the marinade for about 32 hours before broiling them. They still came out just a bit tough, but I think that is to be expected with this cut of meat. I was worried about the cloves in this too, but for no reason since the flavor is quite wonderful in the end product. Thanks for sharing the recipe Jo! Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2011.Reply