Minty Chewy Carrots
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
a variant of minty cherry carrots from "the all-american christmas cookbook"
- Ready In:
- 6 -7 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- slice the carrots on the extreme diagonal into large oval-shaped pieces & set aside.
- melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat & saute the onion for about 5 minuites or until soft.
- add the ginger and cook for 2 minuites.
- add the carrots to the pan along with the water maple syrup.
- stir gently to mix and cook uncovered for 30 minuites stirring occansionally until the carrots are crisp-tender.
- sprinkle with mint.
- increase the heat to high & cook for 1-2 minuites stirring gently.
- serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION