Minted Spinach Salad
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces fresh spinach, washed, trimmed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 4 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 6 tablespoons snipped mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- Tear spinach into a salad bowl.
- Mix in onions, parsley and mint.
- Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- Combine olive oil, vegetable oil, vinegar, lime juice, and salt.
- Pour mixture over salad and toss to mix.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with tomato wedges.
Join The Conversation
This was a perfect accompaniment to soup today and was easy to make. I used fresh mint from our herb garden and in place of fresh toms (which are SUPER lousy this time of year) I substituted sun dried tomatoes. Nice change from lemon vinaigrette. Tried a mixture of baby spinach, gem lettuce and baby arugula. Reviewed for Best of 2011.