This is to go with my Prawn and Cauliflower Salad recipe but would go well with any seafood
- Ready In:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon hot English mustard
- white pepper
- minted olive oil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup tightly packed mint leaf
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and use a whisk to mix in the lemon juice, mustard and a little salt.
- Beat continuously, adding minted oil 1 tablespoon at a time until all the oil is incorporated and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Minted olive oil instructions.
- bring the oil slowly to temp of 70-80d in a pan.
- If you don't have a thermometer, don't boil it, it is better to be colder than too hot.
- Place the mint in a heatproof bowl and poor the oil over it, mix well and allow to cool.
- Strain oil into a jar and discard the mint.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION