Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (No Ice Cream Maker)
photo by 197893
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
1 1/2 liters
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk or (300 ml) can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped don't add sugar when whipping
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine condesed milk, peppermint extract, food color and water.
- Blend well.
- (Color should be dark, as it will lighten up with the whipped cream.).
- Gradually fold in whipped cream.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour into a 9x5-inch (1. 5 L) freezer container.
- Cover and freeze at least 6 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I added another teaspoonful of peppermint extract, as I ate all my Andes mints before they could make it in, ;) and added another half-cup of the chocolate chips. I used fat free condensed milk, too. I'm interested to see what a difference the full-fat (or even low-fat) condensed milk makes. Thank you for posting the recipe! I look forward to trying this technique out with other flavors and additions... =D
We are making this for a kids cooking class and I tried out ahead of time. It is delicious! I know the kids will love it. I did do only 14 oz of condensed milk added more chocolate chips and added a tsp of vanilla. We will be using Andes mints to give it more mintiness. Easy and delicious is what I love about this recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher who enjoys baking. I love this site and refer to it all the time.