Minnie's Barbecued Hamburger on Buns ( Sloppy Joes )
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 -8 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet or heavy pan brown the ground beef, onion, celery, and green pepper.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the buns. Simmer about 45 minutes.
- Spoon into split hamburger buns and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!