Mini Vegetable Frittatas
This is rustic Italian recipe adapted from an old immigrant cookbook. Simple ingredients that combine to make delicious sandwich sized frittatas. These are amazing eaten as a warm sandwich with olive oil-drizzed, grilled Italian bread. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped artichoke heart
- 1⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup grated zucchini
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley (optional)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- olive oil, for muffin tins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Oil 2 - 12 muffin cup tins with olive oil. (Non-stick tins work best).
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil and butter until onion is clear.
- Add artichoke hearts, mushrooms and zucchini.
- Saute 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon this mixture into muffin tins about half way up.
- Beat the eggs with the salt, pepper and herbs until frothy.
- Mix in the grated cheese, then pour evenly over the top of the vege mixture.
- Top each with a tablespoon of the Marinara Sauce and bake 15 minutes, or until egg mixture is set.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen the edges of each frittata and serve.