Mini Taco Nachos
Everyone always loves these individual nachos. You can make the meat mixture up ahead of time and store in the fridge in tupperware until ready to use. The meat mixture freezes well too. If you are short on spices, just use a taco packet instead. I often use leftover taco meat that I need to use up.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 2 serrano peppers, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) bag Tostitos Scoops
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet until browned and cooked through. Drain grease if necessary. Add onions and peppers and saute with meat until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle seasonings (chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne and salt) on meat mixture. Add beer and stir until mixture is combined and slightly reduced.
- ***At this point, you could store meat mixture in the fridge until ready to use or allow mixture to cool slightly before starting nacho assembly. ***You could also skip those first 2 steps if you have leftover taco meat!
- Line baking sheets with aluminum foil that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread out tortilla chips on baking sheet in rows. (I can usually get about 7 rows of 5 on each baking sheet).
- Fill each tortilla chip with 1-2 teaspoons of meat mixture. Then top each chip with 1-2 teaspoons of shredded cheese. Finally, sprinkle green onions on top of cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and/or hot sauce!