Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes
These delicious little morsels were featured as part of an "Open House Buffet for 12" that was in a December 1985 issue of Bon Appetit. Serve with fresh fruit and berries. Leftovers are great for breakfast the next day!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 48 miniature muffin cups with paper liners.
- Using electric mixer, beat pumpkin,butter,juice and eggs until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients except powdered sugar and beat until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each paper liner.
- Bake until tester inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely in pans.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
As is, the recipe is just good. I prefer more spice and I felt the OJ overpowered the pumpkin like it should be called Orange Pumpkin cupcakes. I don't know if this would differ with various brands of OJ (I used Simply Orange). Since I had pumpkin left over I made a second batch with all the same measurements except I used only a quarter cup OJ and 3/4 tsp of both spices and it tasted more like pumpkin cup cakes to me. The OJ gave it enough sweetness without dominating the pumpkin flavor. They even rose up better the second time for some reason. I served it with Cream Cheese Frosting #55530. The 10 minute cooking time was good for me.Reply