Mini Pudding Tarts
photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
24 mimi tarts
For the crust
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon light brown sugar (optional, I dont need it)
- 1⁄8 cup oil (fill this up to the 1/3 cup mark with water)
For the pudding filling
- 300 g prepared pudding (I used low fat, low sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- For the crust combine flours, salt, baking powder and sugar if using.
- Add the oil water mixture to this and stir to combine. Knead into a smooth, elastic dough.
- Roll out thinly and cut out 24 rounds with a diameter a tad larger than that of your mini muffin tin.
- My mini muffin pans are non-stick, so I didnt need to grease them, but you might. So prepare your tin like you normally do.
- Press one round of dough into each mini muffin tin hole as you would for bigger tarteletts.
- For the filling combine prepared pudding, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix well and then fill into the prepared muffin tin(s). I found that about 1 ts fits nicely.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 15-20 minutes or until puffed up and pastry has baked through.
- The muffin tips will deflate while cooling.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy. :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!