Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A delicious small batch dessert recipe from Cook for 2 magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 4 pecan halves
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon of juice. Set pineapple aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of butter; stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into an ungreased 6-in round baking pan. Arrange the pineapple slices in a single layer in the pan; place cherries and pecans in the center of the pineapple slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and all spice. Beat in the egg, milk, reserved pineapple juice and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over the pineapple.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the cake springs bake when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION