Mini King Cake Cupcakes
photo by KathyP53
- Ready In:
48 mini cupcakes
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- decorator icing, pre-packaged tubes, in purple, green, and gold (yellow)
- sparkling white decorator sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 mini-cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix with 1 cup of milk and 3 eggs. Using electric mixer, beat 1 minute on medium speed. Add melted butter, and beat for an additional 1 minute until well mixed.
- Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons melted butter in small bowl. Stir until mixed and crumbly.
- Using small ice cream scoop, fill muffin pan with 1 scoop of batter in each liner.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over batter, topping each with additional 2 scoops of batter.
- Bake cupcakes for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Using pre-packaged decorator icing tubes in Mardi Gras colors of purple, green, and gold (yellow), dollop each color on top of cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle sparkling white decorator's sugar over each cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!