Mini Ham and Egg Casseroles
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 baguette, cubed small
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut crosswise into 12 slices
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1⁄4 lb ham, thinly sliced & chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 scallions, white & green portions, thinly sliced & seperated
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, fresh
- 1⁄2 lb plum tomato, sliced into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12 cup muffin pan & fill each halfway with bread cubes. Top each with a cream cheese slice.
- Heat evoo and add ham, scallion whites, & a pinch of pepper. Cook & stir until scallions are tender, about 5 minute Stir in half & half and bring to a simmer just before removing from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs & thyme, then whisk in half & half mixture. Fill the muffin cups with the egg mix & bake until puffed and golden around the edges, about 15 minute Run a knife around edges & invert onto a cooling rack.
- Drizzle tomato slices w/evoo, top w/scallion greens and season w/ salt & pepper. Serve alongside mini ham casseroles & enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very nice breakfast. I did make a few changes. I didn't have ham, so used sausage. I think ham would have been better though. I didn't have scallions so used a 1/4 of a small onion. I didn't have thyme, so used some fresh chives instead. The only issue I had was I cubed my cheese instead of slicing and found that it didn't melt well. make sure you slice the cheese and don't cube it. This was very quick and simple breakfast. I placed the rest in the freezer to reheat at a later date. I made these a second time. To lighten them up I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese (sliced this time), canadian bacon, still used the chives, but replaced the eggs and cheese with fat free half and half and egg beaters. Still very good and I highly recommend.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home (or in the car:)) mom to two cute kids-ages 7 & 4-and one husband! He's pretty cute too....We live in Fullerton,California, which is also where I grew up. I love, love, love to cook, drink wine with friends, shop, travel, read magazines and collect cookbooks. I have zillions of them and love to sit on the couch with a good cookbook! I belong to a guild of Children's Hospital of Orange County(CHOC) and we recently just finished our own cookbook to raise funds for the hospital. I also enjoy shopping and selling on ebay-so many fun things to find out there! Thanks Liza at recipezaar (my college roomate) for leading me here. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">