- Ready In:
48 mini corn dogs
- Heat about 1 1/2 inches of oil in a large frying pan on med. High heat.
- Mix together dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat together milk and eggs, and then pour into dry mixture and mix well until lump free.
- Add sliced hot dogs to batter, and stir to coat each piece completely. Drop each piece, one by one into the hot oil. You MUST roll them over in the oil immediately to keep them from splitting down one side.
- Cook about 3 minutes on each side, then remove from oil and place on a plate with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Can be re-heated in the oven or microwave, and stores up to a week in the fridge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks for a fast and easy recipe for corn dogs! I just cut up a package of regular sized hotdogs, dipped with a skewer and pushed it off into my Fry Daddy so they would fit. Larger than mini dogs and the whole package was on sale for under a dollar! WINNER!<br/>The taste is FABULOUS! 4 year old son, husband and self love taste! And I don't really care for any dogs at all! :) Thanks a bunch!
Fantastic recipe!! Easy and way better than the boxed variety. My three children devoured them ages 8, 7, and 5. I did use little turkey smokies and stuck a toothpick down the end of each one. I fried them with the toothpick inserted and they really did come out like mini corndogs! Thank you for a wonderful recipe my family will use for years to come!