Mini Corndog Muffins
I found this recipe when I was looking for food ideas for our Super Bowl party. They taste just like a little corn dog but they're in poppable muffin form and WAY easier to make! Make sure you use all-beef hot dogs to get the authentic corn dog taste. (Original recipe from iowagirleats.com)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (or 1/4 cup butter cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 -10 all-beef hot dogs, cut into 1 inch bites
- ketchup, for serving
- mustard, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugar in a bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Add eggs and whisk to incorporate.
- Add buttermilk and whisk to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt, and stir to combine.
- Whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients in two batches.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray, and spoon 1 Tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup.
- Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (oven temperatures vary), or until cornbread is golden brown.
- Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and re-heat for 20-30 seconds before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was going to post this recipe, but you beat me to it. These things are awesome... corndogs are a guilty pleasure of mine, and these muffins basically just taste like really good corndogs that are tiny. Maybe a little too tiny though; next time I'm going to try using them same amount of batter, but for 24 muffins instead of 48. Or maybe just double the batter and make 48, because they disappear fast!Reply