Mini Cauliflower Pizza Pies
photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
Cauliflower Pie Crust
- nonstick cooking spray
- 24 ounces frozen cauliflower rice, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 italian link sausage, casing removed
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives, coarsely chopped
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place ten 3.5-inch tart pans on top of a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.
- Add the cauliflower rice to a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Cook the cauliflower in the microwave, according to package instructions. Let cool. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the cauliflower, using a dish towel to wring out the moisture.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl and add the remaining crust ingredients. Mix together with a fork.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the mixture to each of the tart pans and press evenly into the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Remove the cauliflower pie crust from the tart pans. First remove the outer ring. Then carefully use a small offset to separate the bottom of the crust from the bottom of the tart pan. Place pie crusts on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
For the Pizza Filling:
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned, about 7-10 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add 2 teaspoons of tomato sauce to each crust and spread. Top with mozzarella, sausage crumbles, onions, peppers and olives.
- Bake 7-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Combine the remaining tomato sauce, sausage, onions, peppers and olives in a bowl and microwave until warm. Serve on the side with the cauliflower pizza pies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!