Mini Blueberry Lime Tarts
- Ready In:
- 12 tart shells
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate, and blueberry juice blend
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, finely grated, divided
- 1⁄4 cup light ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, low-fat
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Bake shells according to package directions, and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine the pomegranate and blueberry juice 2 tablespoons sugar and lime juice in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoons cold water to dissolve and whisk it into the juice, stirring until it returns to a simmer and thickens. Stir in the blueberries and half the lime zest. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a bowl, mix the ricotta, sour cream, remaining sugar and vanilla until smooth. Divide the ricotta mixture among all tart shells. Top each with the blueberry mixture and garnish with a pinch of the remaining lime zest, if desired.
- Chill 10-15 minutes until set, or refrigerate overnight in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.