Minestra With Sweet Sausage
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from Rachael Ray.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb sweet bulk sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 2 bunches escarole, coarsely shredded
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat penne or 3/4 cup ditalini
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- grated pecorino romano cheese, for passing around the table
- In a soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes, then stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beans and escarole; season with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg.
- Add the chicken stock and 2 cups water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Uncover the pot, stir in the pasta, lower the heat and cook until the pasta is al dente, 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon peel.
- Top with lots of cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION