Minced Fish Salad (Koy Pa)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Adapted from 3 Nagas, Luang Prabang, Laos
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 12 12 ounces yellowtail red snapper (minced) or 12 ounces other white-fleshed fish (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, more as needed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, more as needed
- 1 tablespoon toasted rice powder (available in Asian food markets) or 1 tablespoon uncooked sticky rice (toasted and ground to a powder)
- 3⁄4 cup green beans, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 stems cilantro, half the leaves chopped and half left whole
- 8 stems mint, half the leaves chopped and half left whole
- 1 scallion, green tops only, sliced
- sliced cucumber, watercress, and additional cilantro, mint and green beans, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine fish, lime juice and fish sauce. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- If necessary, drain fish. In a mixing bowl, combine fish mixture, rice powder, sliced green beans, chili, lemon grass, sliced garlic, minced garlic, cilantro, mint and scallion. Toss to mix well.
- To serve, place fish salad in a serving bowl. Serve with cucumber, watercress and additional cilantro, mint and green beans offered separately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION