Mimosa Cupcakes W/Champagne Syrup
- Ready In:
For the cupcakes
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup tbsps frozen orange concentrate
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange concentrate
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
For the syrup
- 2 cups champagne
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and powder and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream the butter until smooth then add the sugar and cream together. Once the butter and sugar are creamed add in the orange juice concentrate. Mix in one egg at a time.
- Add in flour mixture 1/3 at a time. When flour is thoroughly mixed, mix in the yogurt. Batter will be slightly lumpy, but should be smooth kind of like pancake batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into lined cupcake tins and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool.
For the syrup:
- Bring the champagne and powdered sugar to a boil and let them reduce about half way. Don't expect it to get thick. It will still be very liquidy when you are done. Poke holes in the cupcakes and drizzle in the syrup. Let it absorb into the cupcake and add more. Keep adding to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have been using this website for YEARS under the name Candace Michelle but when it switched over to food.com, I couldn't log into my old account for some reason. So, if you would like to see my older recipes, click on over to that member page!</p>