photo by Caroline Cooks
- Ready In:
- 2 quarts finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups of a good mayonnaise (I use Hellmans)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion (I sometimes use 1/2 tablespoon of dry onion)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon prepared horseradish (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together and set aside.
- Shred the cabbage and carrot; I then sometimes take a hand chopper and chop it up a little more as I like it a little finer.
- Add the dressing to the cabbage and carrots till you have the moisture that you like--it tightens up a little as it sits.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours to blend the flavors.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>John 3:3 <br />Psalm 91 <br /><br />We are born-again Christians and love the Lord Jesus Christ with all our being.? We attend a small Christian and Missionary Alliance church in our town.? <a href=http://www.cmalliance.org>http://www.cmalliance.org</a><br /><br />My family consists of my husband who was a microbiologist but is now retired, two children (daughter and son), four grandchildren, and soon to be two great grandchildren, a girl and a boy. I homeschooled my oldest granddaughter up to a senior in high school. She is now 29 years old. My oldest grandson, who is now 25; my youngest grandson, age 20; my youngest granddaughter is in seventh-grade. Our oldest granddaughter blessed us with our first great granddaughter and soon to be great grandson.? She is the cutest little one.? I love them all. <br /><br />Hosta is my favorite plant, the only plant I own. I now have 123 varieties and they all have names. I add to them each year. I love to do cross stitch, paint, scrapbook, and rubber stamping. <br /><br />I have a rare genetic lung disase called Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (Type ZZ) that most people have not even heard about. Most doctors may have heard of it but don't know an awful lot about it and so many times it goes misdiagnosed. Feel free to z-mail me if you want to know more about it or go to the website?<a href=http://www.alphaone.org/>http://www.alphaone.org/</a></p>