Milk Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 7mins
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 7 ounces premium-quality milk chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- Center a rack in the oven; preheat oven to 350°; generously butter a 6-mold mini Bundt pan.
- Make the swirl: toss the nuts, cocoa, and sugar together in a bowl; set aside.
- Make the cake: in a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together; set aside.
- Working with a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes (always scrape down sides of bowl as needed when mixing).
- Add in the egg; beat 1 minute; then beat in the vanilla (don’t be concerned if the mixture looks curdled—it will smooth out soon).
- Decrease mixer speed to low; add in half the flour mixture, mixing only until incorporated.
- Add in the milk, and when it is blended into the batter, add the remaining flour mixture, again mixing just to incorporate.
- Add in the melted chocolate; mix to blend.
- Fill each of the mini Bundt molds with a little batter, then divide the swirl mixture evenly among the molds; top off the Bundts with the remaining batter.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until test done (pick comes out clean).
- Transfer the pan to a rack; let rest for 5 minutes; then invert them onto the rack and let them cool to room temperature.
- Make the glaze: melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water OR in a microwave oven (my preferred method).
- Stir in the corn syrup; using a small offset metal spatula or a table knife, spread the shiny glaze over the tops of the cooled Bundts, then scatter the nuts, if using, over the glaze.
- Let the glaze set at room temperature; it will take about 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note