Mild Cowboy Candy (No Cook)
I know I got this recipe of this site but I just went to rate it and can't find it. So I am going to list what I do. I always have a jar of these in the fridge. I like Walmart brand mild jalapenos the best.
- Ready In:
- 96hrs 5mins
- Drain the jalapenos (keep the jar) in a colander and rinse with water for 1 minute.
- Most seeds are going to drift to the bottom.
- Put about 1 TBS of sugar and the minced garlic in the bottom of the jar.
- Add approximately 1/4 cup of the jalapenos and then alternate putting in the remaining sugar and rinsed drained jalapenos I leave most of the seeds in the colander and throw them away because I am a heat wimp.
- Put the lid on tight and roll the jar around to distribute the sugar and garlic.
- Put in the refrigerator for 48 hours.
- After 48 hours you'll see syrup forming on the bottom. Check that the seal is tight on the jar and shake the jar a couple of times and then flip the jar over and put the jar back in the fridge up side down for 48 hours. The syrup will now run to the bottom and work on dissolving the remaining sugar.
- Serve with savory items.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great recipe, but just a little word to the wise from a pepper head of about 40 years, the seeds don't contain the heat so leave them keep them no matter, the oils and the heat of jalapenos are mild by far and only in the placenta and inside lining of the pepper. other peppers are a bit more complex and have the heat or capsaicin within the flesh of the pepper as well as the placenta but never in the seeds.