This is from the Lake Forest Cafe in Folsom, California. It's great for a brunch, served with fried eggs, omlets or hamburgers. Originally from a June 1984 issue of Bon Apetit in the R.S.V.P. Letters to the Editor section.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium baking potatoes, unpeeled, boiled and diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup tomatoes, diced (about 1 medium)
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add diced potatoes and cook until browned and crisp,stirring frequently.
- Add cheeses, tomato, onion and green onion and stir until cheese melts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix in avocado.
- Spoon onto plates and top with a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This recipe is legendary in our family. I too got it from that Bon Appetit long ago. We make this for special breakfasts at home and it has become a much looked forward to brunch on our camping trips with my brother and his family. Its very forgiving if you forget an ingredient but made just as printed its heaven! We like to serve it with bacon, salsa and sour cream. The cheese makes it a bit of a heavy meal but as an occasional treat, it's hard to beat. Thanks so much for posting this!!