Mignon's Pita Bread / Pocket Bread
A pocket bread from our family pocket pal, Mignon.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 37mins
- 5 -6 cups unsifted flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 ounces dry yeast
- 2 cups water, very warm
- In a large bowl throughly mix 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Gradually add the water and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add 1 cup flour and beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough flour to make soft dough.
- Knead the dough on high for 8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turn and raise for an hour.
- Punch the dough down and put on a flour covered board and rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide into 8 pieces. Roll each one into a 6 inch circle.
- Bake for 5 minutes in a 450-500°F oven on lowest shelf.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes on the top shelf until desired brown on top.
- Cut them while they are still hot - either into a pocket or in half.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation