Mighty Tasty Muffins - Gluten-Free - Bob's Red Mill
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk (soy, rice, cow)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup rice flour (I used brown rice flour)
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup bob's red mill mighty tasty hot cereal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons guar gum or 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray muffin tins with no-stick spray. Mix together eggs, oil, vanilla, applesauce, and milk. In a separate bowl, combine flours, starches, cereal, baking powder, and guar gum. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir together. When batter is almost blended, add cranberries and walnut pieces. Stir together til mixed, being careful not to over mix. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake 20-25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am married to the most wonderful man....we celebrated our 20th anniversary in 2005. We have nine children and spent 15 years in rural, northern Ontario. We just moved near my hometown of Merrickville, Ontario in January 2005. I homeschooled my children for 14 years and last school year was their first year in the system. My girls ride horses and we have two dogs and two cats and a couple of rodent thingy's...I think they're called gerbils!! ick :)