Migas Breakfast Tacos
photo by TheGentlemansLarder
- Ready In:
- 6 large eggs (pasture raised eggs really do taste better)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh salsa (recommend Julio's serrano salsa)
- 1 tablespoon habanero-infused oil or 1 tablespoon regular vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crumbs (recommend Julio's chips)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded queso fresco
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 6 taco-sized flour tortillas
- Whisk together eggs and salsa in small mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil to ≈ 375° and add diced onion. Let cook for 3-4 minutes, then toss in pan and add jalapenos. Cook until soft and onions are translucent.
- Add chips and toss in pan to coat.
- Pour in egg mixture and cook, stirring frequently until eggs are almost cooked. Then add cheese and stir until melted.
- Once the eggs are done, remove from heat and add a heaping tablespoon of sour cream and stir inches.
- Serve in warm tortillas. Migas tacos freeze and reheat well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!