Midori Melon Mojito Cupcakes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Fun adult cupcake from http://iheartcuppycakes.wordpress.com.
- Ready In:
For mojito cupcakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf, loosely packed
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk, hot
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 limes, grated zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum
For midori whipped cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons Midori melon liqueur
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat to 350°F.
- Add mint leaves to hot milk. Let steep for 10-15 minutes. Pour milk through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl. Press liquid from mint leaves. Discard leaves and allow milk to cool slightly.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter on medium speed until creamy, about 30 seconds. Add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in lime zest, vanilla and rum.
- On very low speed, add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk and ending with flour, mixing until just incorporated.
- Fill cupcake liners half full. Bake until cupcakes spring back when touched, 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely.
- In mixer with whisk attachment, whip the cream and sugar on high speed until thick. Add 3 tsp of midori liqueur and mix to combine.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely. Using a 1M piping tip, frost cupcakes. Garnish with lime slice and mint leaf.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION