Middle Eastern Spiced Orange Salad
Refreshing with a middle eastern meal.
- Ready In:
- 3 large seedless navel oranges, sliced 1/2-inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1.Grate rind from orange and reserve zest. Remove peel and slice oranges. (You can halve or quarter them for easier eating in you like.).
- 2. Combine rest of ingredients except cilantro in a bowl and toss with oranges and zest. Garnish with cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I found this recipe intriguing and just had to try it. I must say that I was quite leery of the garlic but went ahead with it. I can see why it was there after tasting and I enjoyed the dish. This is something unique and quite pleasant. Made for North Africa/Middle East forum's "A Month in Arabia"Reply