Middle Eastern Chicken With Pumpkin and Couscous
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Combine chicken, pumpkin, spice and oil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes.
- Cool slightly and slice the chicken into strips.
- In a large serving bowl combine the coriander, lemon juice and rind, feta cheese, and couscous; mix well.
- Finally fold through the pumpkin and the chicken pieces.
- Serve garnished with lemon slices and coriander.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Absolutely delicious!! Don't know how on earth this would feed four people though, I made quite a few changes for two of us + leftovers - maybe we just like big servings! I used one chicken breast, sliced into four pieces and around 600gm pumkin diced quite small (would use more next time). Same amount of oil, 1 tablespoon of the spice mix. I covered 3/4 cup couscous with 3/4 cup boiling chicken stock, let it sit for five minutes then seasoned with salt and pepper before adding parsley and a grated carrot, nearly a whole slice of reduced fat feta and the chicken/pumkin. Would add some spanish onion and slivered almonds next time too, but this is a real winner! Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We live in Sydney, Australia - have 3 kids and love eating. Starting to actually use recipes rather than just using whatever is around and cooking the same old half dozen meals or so. We love Iron Chef - not sure if it is shown on US TV or not (probably cable(?))