Microwave Roasted Garlic
Easy peasy roasted garlic, why not give this a try? From recipecottage.com. It's nice to have more than one head, this goes quickly into dips, for veggies,pizzas, pastas, chicken, most anything.
- Ready In:
- Cut tips off whole garlic heads, keeping heads intact.
- Place all ingredients in a 4 cup glass measure.
- Cover tightly with microwave plastic wrap.
- Cook at 100% for 6 to 8 minutes, longer if bulbs are large.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Peel when cooled.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is very easy and made a good emergency fix when I needed roasted garlic quickly, but its more steamed than roasted and the flavor is inferior. I'll use the technique when I need roasted garlic right now as an ingredient among many other ingredients, but I wouldn't use it for making something where the roasted garlic was the star flavor. Also, the texture wasn't as soft as good, roasted garlic so it didn't mash well.Reply
see 3 more