Microwave Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan
- Ready In:
- Peel eggplant.
- Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- In shallow bowl, mix egg with milk.
- Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl and mix in the basil, oregano and garlic.
- Dip eggplant slices first into the egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange half of the eggplant on a 10 inch microwaveable plate lined with paper towels.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HI for about 4 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining eggplant.
- Spread 1/4 cup spagetti sauce in an 8 inch square microwaveable baking dish.
- Layer half of the eggplant, half of the mozzarella and half of the remaining sauce in dish.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Microwave, covered, on HI for about 4 minutes then at 50% for 10 minutes.
- Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a small animal veterinary technician working full time. In my spare (?) time I love to bake and cook. I have about 80 different cookbooks and I guess my favorite ones are those that involve CHOCOLATE!! <br> <br>My biggest 'pet' peeve is people who treat their dogs and cats like disposable products...look after the health and well-being of your pets, PLEASE! They depend on you! ('Nuff said!). <br> <br>June 2003 Update: I now work part-time as a vet tech and part-time as an ER ward clerk at a local hospital. After being a technician for 20 years, the emotional stress was getting too hard to handle. Putting an older pet to sleep after I'd watched them grow up over the years was something I could no longer do. I decided to look for a new job while I was still 40-something rather than wait 4 years when I was 50-something! Working with animals is in my blood however, so I could not give it up entirely.