Microwave Chocolate Chip Bars
photo by Indierecipeprincess
- Ready In:
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and walnuts (if using).
- Spread into greased 8-inch square microwave-safe dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes or until bars test done, rotating a quarter turn each minute.
- Cool before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Not bad tasting cookies they were alright. My mum thought I was trying to poison the familly when I presented them on a cooling rack.I think my microwave was too powerful 850watts one batch went black inside! As mention unattractive and quite dry but quick and easy to make, can you do this in the oven too to make them taste and look better?
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Kansas City area and have many hobbies including cooking, reading and spending time with my husband and two children who are very active in sports now. I also have an eBay business which is a fun hobby that makes a little extra money! My interest in cooking focuses on making healthy dishes that are more satisfying than the higher fat and higher sugar versions. If I had a month off with no responsibilities, I would spend it at a luxury spa. <br /> <br /></p>