Microwave Cherry Crisp
This crisp uses convenient pie filling and cooks in the microwave, so you can make it in no time! You can easily substitute different flavors of pie filling. From Quick Cooking Magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, cold
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- vanilla ice cream
- Combine the pie filling and lemon juice in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add walnuts.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- Yield: 4 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We thoroughly enjoyed this quick and easy Cherry Crisp. After I microwaved it, I also added some thinly sliced butter on top of the dish and microwaved to for about 2 minutes. It turned out perfect and can't wait to make this lovely dish again....especially for company. It looks like you spent a lot of time on it when in fact, it couldn't be any easier. Thanks so much for sharing, Whatcha Cookin', Mom?Reply
This was a very refreshing dessert that took absolutely no effort/time at all. I did have to add about a half-tablespoon more of cold butter because the topping did not set up well (still floury) so I just finely sliced it over areas of the crisp and put it back in the microwave for another 2 minutes to get it to set. All in all a very nice effortless dessert. Made for Beverage Tag Jan'08Reply