Michael's Favorite Banana Nut Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from Paula Deen and her husband's favorite cake. Preparation and cooking time includes 1 hour for cake to cool.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 35mins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large very ripe bananas, mashed (2 cups)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (1 lb) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease and flour 3 9-inch round cake pans; set pans aside.
- Prepare banana nut cake: In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add eggs and oil, and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened; do not beat.
- Stir in bananas, pecans and vanilla.
- Divide batter equally among prepared pans.
- Bake cake 25-28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of layers comes out clean.
- Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- With small metal spatula or knife, loosen layers from sides of pans; invert onto racks to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- While layers are cooling, prepare cream cheese frosting: In medium bowl, with mixer on medium speed, blend together cream cheese and butter.
- Gradually beat in sifted confectioners' sugar, increase speed to medium-high; beat until frosting is light and fluffy, then beat in vanilla.
- Reserve pecans to sprinkle on frosted cake or, if you like, stir into frosting.
- Fill and frost cake, using about 1/2 cup frosting between each layer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION