Miami Chicken Legs
photo by ddav0962
- Ready In:
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Prepare marinade-basting sauce by combining all the ingredients.
- Place chicken in a bowl and pour marinade over it. Marinade at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve for use as basting sauce.
- Place chicken on preheated grill or broiler. Baste with sauce on all sides.
- Grill chicken, basting and turning every 10 min for about 30 min or until chicken is done and juices run clear when pierced with fork.
- Good served with hot rolls, salad, or grilled tomatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My only problem with this recipe is the suggested reuse of the marinade as a basting sauce. You should never, NEVER, use a marinade used with poultry over as a basting sauce. Because of cross contamination. I would suggest making double of the sauce and then you would have sauce for the marinade and basting.
This came out very much like BBQ chicken. I used boneless breasts (what I had) and added a few extra cloves of minced garlic along with about 1/4 cup of chopped red onion. I halved the marinade (minus the onion) and used the reserved to baste the chicken as it baked adjusting the baking time accordingly. (4)
I reserved some of the marinade sauce so as not to re-use the sauce the chicken was soaking in. We thought this was just so-so though. There doesn't seem to be much oomph to it, even with all of the ingredients that go into it. If I were to make it again I would probably spice it up a little more, tweak tweak....<br/>Made for Bargain Basement tag game.