Mi Yeok Guk (Korean Seaweed Soup)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- Place the dried seaweed in a large bowl with water in it.
- Allow the seaweed to rehydrate for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cut the seaweed into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Heat a pot to medium heat.
- Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, and beef to the preheated pot.
- Saute the beef until done.
- Add the seaweed and enough water to cover everything.
- Peel and smash the garlic cloves.
- Add to the pot.
- Bring the soup up to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low to medium.
- Allow the soup to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Fish out the garlic cloves and discard.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a newlywed from Stockbridge, GA which is basically metro Atlanta. I graduated from college with a degree in Psychology but realized very quickly that I truly wanted to be a chef. Once I save up enough money, I will be entering the culinary arts program in Atlanta. I am married to a wonderful man who also loves to cook which works in my advantage when I'm tired and craving a good meal. We love to travel and taste all of the different foods that different areas have to offer. I have two wonderful little "children" named Yoda (my pug) and Cheddar Bob (my tabby cat). My husband and I are hoping to open up a catering business as soon as I finish my culinary training and he finishes his degree in Accounting.