Mexican Venison Cornbread
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup soft margarine
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers, diced & seeded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream-style corn (No. 303)
- 1. Brown meat & onion, then drain. Add chili powder, salt & garlic salt. Set aside. Mix remaining ingredients. Heat & grease 10" cast iron skillet. Pour half of the cornbread batter into skillet. Cover with the meat mixture & then the remaining cornbread batter. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!