Mexican-Style Tilapia - Easy & Low Fat
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 4 (5 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay tilapia fillets in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle cumin and black pepper over fish.
- Add canned tomatoes, and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with rice, sweet corn and black beans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a real crowd-pleaser! I made the following "personal touches":<br/>I used fire roasted tomatoes and added 1tsp Tajin Classic Seasoning (chili/lime salt) on the fillets. I also substituted a can of Bush's Grillin' Beans - Black Bean Fiesta flavor for the black beans, and used Knorr Mexican Rice and a bag of frozen southwestern style corn for the side dish. YUM! Tons of flavor in a low-fat, healthy meal!