Mexican Spice-Rubbed Rib Eyes With Lime Butter
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
For this intensely flavorful rib eye steak from chef Bernie Kantak.
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 4 (12 ounce) rib eye steaks, 1-inch thick, boneless
- vegetable oil, for the grill
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, lime zest, lime juice and a pinch of salt. In another bowl, combine the paprika, cumin and chipotle powder with 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt. Rub the mixture all over the steaks.
- Oil the grate and grill the steaks over moderately high heat, turning once, until slightly charred and medium-rare, about 12 minutes. Transfer the steaks to plates and top with the lime butter. Let the steaks stand for 3 to 4 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION