Mexican Shredded Chicken
Shredded Mexican Chicken that can be used to make tacos, burritos, or any other combination of tortilla, beans, meat, and rice you can come up with. This recipe may be too spicy for some and can be made without the heat by leaving out the Chipotle Peppers.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 4 -5 boneless chicken breasts or 4 -5 skinless chicken breasts
- chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 7 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, Sliced
- salt & pepper
- In a large crockpot place chicken and fill with chicken broth until chicken breasts are submerged.
- Then place the rest of the ingredients in and mix.
- Cook on high for 3.5-4 hours.
- Pull out chicken breasts and shred.
- Turn crockpot to warm and return chicken to simmer in juices for 30 minutes. Serve to your liking. Suggestions: Taco or Burrito.