Mexican Rueben Tacos
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce, pureed (a small can has several peppers, take one with a little sauce and freeze the rest for later)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 ounces corned beef, cooked, sliced and diced
- 1⁄4 cup green chili, chopped, roasted (New Mexico or Anaheim)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 48 inches flour tortillas
- 8 slices swiss cheese (thinly sliced)
- In a medium bowl, combine dressing, chipotle chile and sour cream. Refrigerate until ready to use or for up to 6 hours.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté corned beef until heated through, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from skillet. Cover and keep warm in preheated oven.
- In the same skillet, sauté green chiles, red onion and sauerkraut until onion is soft and translucent, 10 minutes.
- To build tacos, skillet warm tortillas. Spread 1 T. of the dressing on one side of each tortilla. Place one slice of cheese on top of dressing. Divide corned beef equally among tortillas. Divide sautéed chile mixture equally over meat on each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!